Monday, July 18, 2011

a sheepish correction...

So everything I wrote in this last post is true, except for one small detail....after some in-depth google mapping, I discovered that the water I saw with my family, False Bay, is actually part of the Atlantic Ocean, not the Indian Ocean. Oops. This makes the title of my last post slightly untrue. But to make up for it, here’s a few pictures of the Cape of Good Hope, and the dividing line between the Atlantic Ocean and False Bay. Looking at the pictures, you have to give me a little credit. I mean, Cape Point, in all it’s incredible beauty, ought to be the dividing line between two oceans, really.


This is Cape Point, to the left is False Bay, and to the right is the rest of the Atlantic.


A photo of the Cape of Good Hope from Cape Point.


The old lighthouse on Cape Point.


The view from Cape Point back toward the rest of Cape Town. (Incredible, eh?)


Sitting on the Cape of Good Hope...

Thanks for sticking with me, geographical errors and all!

Peace,
Meredith

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Meredith you are such a gifted writer. Thanks for trying to paint a picture for us of your experiences. It sounds like you are learning a lot and loving it. I am SO happy for you and its fun to see pictures too :) Thanks for the updates!

    I've been in Revelation for a while and Rev. 21 seems like an encouraging chapter that I think you would like. Its all about the hope to come - seems fitting.

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get a lot of credit in my book...maybe google is wrong-after all they're based in CA and YOU'RE the one in Cape Town...I'll let them know.

    ReplyDelete